Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The idea for Contouring Quebec began in 2004 during a drawing workshop I held in Winnipeg, Manitoba, at an artist-run centre called Ace Art. While archiving my drawings of 2002-2003, I realized what I had created was a bio-biographical account of my life in Winnipeg. It included the faces and places that fascinated me, and in its entirety I realized that it was the start of an ongoing library of drawings, or personal nostalgia which described my life as a narrative. Contouring Quebec isa focused collection in its subject, and in many ways will is more comprehensive then anything I’ve done in the past. In some regards, Contouring Quebec is a sequel or a continuation of the biographical account of my environment started in Winnipeg. Using the technique of blind contour to document my journey, Contouring Quebec is a visual narrative of experiencing one of Canada’s most culturally diverse provinces.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home